International buzz about Obama

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: International buzz about Obama
Jan 10, 2008, 14:16
On this post I have read that some cannot see the difference between Clinton and Obama...wow, ok, I don't see how but let's go with it for a moment. Here is the real difference, when Mrs. Clinton speaks about issues and policies all I see is another politician trying to sell something, saying whatever it is her advisors have told her will please the largest amount of people and so get her elected. I see nothing real, I just see another puppet, another political machine. But when I see Obama and hear what he has to say I see someone who is actually genuine, who really wants to help this country. The jaded will say, "Oh, bullshit, he's just like all the rest." But are we so jaded that when the real deal comes, the thing we've all been lamenting the lack of, that we just let it go on by, all the while discounting and demonizing or otherwise pettily bitching and fault-finding? Yes, I guess. We need to be rallying around this man and giving everything we have and can do to help him get elected. It's that important, right? Because no matter what people might think about some of the things he has said (I am not inferring he is perfect, he isn't, he has said some half-baked things in the past) I see someone who is genuine. It has nothing to do with 'political strategies' or his 'agenda' and it has everything to do with the fact that I am a pretty good judge of character and I am exceptional at knowing the fakes and the phonies and the liars and the evil-hearted (God, we've had enough experience of late with them, haven't we?). Obama isn't one of them. He's a true-believer. The real thing. So even if you might think his healthcare ideas are full of shit or whatever else, don't you want a real person up there, someone with a heart and soul and, SHOCK, a conscience!!!??? We will see. We will see if we really want something better for us or if we feel so comfortable getting fucked in the ass with hot pokers everytime we turn our backs that we just go ahead and elect another lying, special-interest, war-mongering fuckhead (and trust me, Mrs. Clinton could be that fuckhead). We will see.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index