U-Know! Forum »
International buzz about Obama

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
KARL MAX
71 posts

Re: International buzz about Obama
Jan 10, 2008, 13:12
Yes, Bonzo and Hand (or is it Dave?) you are both right on target.
I was mostly pissed because Yankee GIs killed a family member. Having an Iraqi wife puts the "Arche Bunker"-types that only complain and don't vote and who wonders why other countries hate their guts kinda in perspective.
Of course there are tons of European injustices that still linger on (the mess of former India is a good current example). Though, as of today, the US is the main offender and has been since the end of WWII.
All the shit happening in Latin and South America over the last 50 years is a direct result of US interventions, the Cambodian disaster, Indonesias atrocities, Nigeria, Vietnam, Laos, the list just goes on and on. Not to forget that the US have been at war since the Teddy Roosevelt administration. Not a single year of peace! At the moment USA is at war with several countries and have occupied territories in Granada, Panama, Kuwait, Antartica, several Polynesian islands, Afghanistan, Indonesia and the Philiphines. And lest we forget the strange status of US territories in Okinawa, Cuba, Virgin Islands, Hawai'i, Algeria, Thailand aso.
And howzabout Porto Rico? Are the US going to give the Porto Ricans REAL citizenship or what?
Also the question of a racist state like Israel (remeber that ethnic arabic israeli citizens actually have it worse than jews did in Nazi germany in 1938!) who wouldn't have lasted a day past 1950 without US support. (Yeah, bring it on pro-Israeli US lobby! Call me an anti-semite! The joke is on you since I my dad is a kike!)
The 28% illiteracy rate was from BEFORE the 2000 elections and the cutbacks in infrastructure since then have been the largest since Reaganomics.
The US is falling apart, robbed blind by their corporations. No wonder the FBI actually did keep an eye on Philip K Dick. We are now living his nightmare.
That bs about bringing democracy to the world sounds kinda hollow when over 30 million Americans are not allowed to vote because they don't have an address, don't have a registred income with IRS or have been affiliated with leftist/pro-rights/terrorist groups.
It is in my opinion that the next US election will be the most important in their history. Will the americans throw away the yoke of Ayn Rand-rob-them-blind-capitalism or will they go about bizniz as usual? Judging from both Obamas and Clintons agenda nothing will change. Nader was the one and he was considered a joke.
And, don't forget to count the votes in Florida this time! Even if they are cast by latinos and afro-americans.....
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index