77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: International buzz about Obama
Jan 09, 2008, 14:43
Hand of Dave wrote:
The machine was able to stick America with eight fucking years of Dubya, incredibly. No doubt the behind-the-scenes powerbrokers already KNOW who will be the next occupant at 1600 Penn. Ave. I don't Know about that Dave. As i posted earlier, and i could be naive, but the figures for people that actually voted in the U.S. were 40 % of eligble voters.Which implys by simple deduction that he who's name we dare not speak squeaked in with at best 21% of that! We live in a society were getting your kid's back and forth to soccer and making it back just in time for AMERICA's SHITTIEST DANCERS/SINGERS ET/Al.... takes precedence over taking the time to register to vote and actually doing so. Confront most people who did'nt vote and you get the usual fuck-off look. People have got an hour a day to complain about issues, but no time to vote? Maybe i'm wrong, but if more people had voted 8 years ago, i'm convinced a noble prize winner would have manned the helm instead of a stumbling child king. But even so... would a diffrent leader ship have seen our corporate pawnbrokers outsourcing our viable economic future? I like Al gore and the awareness he's preached regarding global warming.Who's gonna make a diffrence with that, it's really the most fundamental issue facing us all. Awareness and Action are 2 different things. Actions are what change things. I'm sure you know that. U-KNOW ! P.S.: are people in Britain and other country's as complacent/reticent to vote as here?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index