77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bonzo the Cat
Bonzo the Cat
138 posts

Edited Jan 10, 2008, 14:33
Re: International buzz about Obama
Jan 10, 2008, 14:30
Hi my dear self-proclaimed "pretty good judge of character" - character of a man you've not met or aren't closely acquainted with at that ;-)

I think you make a good point, like the left should quit bitchin for once and grab the opportunity now that it comes along. Sure he's not perfect but who is? As for the difference between Obama & Clinton based on judgement of character... I think no one can exactly know to what degree they're being fooled. The only thing here is, that Obama stands indeed for something new and thankfully you have elections every 4 years, so let him give it his best shot and if it turns out he sucks like the rest then so be it. On the other hand, Clinton has the smell of the past clinging to her. What I mean is: she's part of the system. Obama may also be that, but he's got the benefit of doubt. And benefit of doubt is enough if you want to replace Dubya by something really different.

One remark though: Obama has to take caution as to not to put himself *too* much outside of the Bush-Clinton axis. What I mean is, his main job if he wants to win is to reconcile, not to polarize. Divide and rule is a cool principle, but it can backfire, when not only the candidates but also the electorate polarizes.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index