77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: International buzz about Obama
Jan 10, 2008, 17:20
Hey Karl,
You're obviously posting from an emotional place that's quite incensed. I can relate to that. But I want to tell you something. I haven't met a soul on H2H that is in sympathy with any of these horrendous stereotypical portrayals of Americans that you've been so generously supplying. I'm an American, by birth, and I've been voting against the right wing fuckers since I was 18. I personally don't know a single American citizen who fits your cartoon depiction of being murderous, power-mad, racist, etc. Yes, they do exist, and yes, they do rise to the top because they're ruthless.

It's very easy to throw all your ammunition at the USA, as yes, it is guilty of abuses. But let's be a little more objective here. You claim the USA has been responsible for all the world's grief since the end of WW2. That's fucking preposterous and you know it. I'm not defending US foreign policy, just reminding you that there's heaps of blame to go around (you conveniently forgot about the Russians, for example... the Soviet Empire was guilty of murdering millions OF IT'S OWN as well as putting it's clamps on Eastern Europe.

Let's not conveniently forget about the amount of Muslim on Muslim violence, while we're here. Sunni vs. Shiite. Indiscriminate bombings, revenge killings, honor killings... makes your average US soldier look like an amateur.

Lastly, this is a respectful forum. Do us a favor and tone down your personal attacks. This thread is starting to stink like the old Yahoo boards... nothing but ugly flaming back and forth.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index