handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Jan 24, 2008, 13:55
Re: quality troll repellance
Jan 24, 2008, 13:53
Merrick wrote:
handofdave wrote:
I confess to being intolerant of guys like him in the end.

yeah, but don't feel bad about that. Their whole manner is *designed* to keep trying your patience until it breaks.

Ha! Oh yes indeed. I once got into a pointless argument with some guy about Madonna's use of the giant crucifix in her stage show. I made a remark about how she was egging on the Jesus camp with a gag meant to stir up publicity, the Crucifix being a symbol that EVERYONE will un-mistakenly associate with the symbol of Christ's sacrificial death.
This prompted a reply from some joker who grabbed onto an obvious, but far less significant truth to the case at hand; that many, many people in antiquity died on crucifixes.
I reminded him that this was Madonna, and how unlikely it'd be if her intent was to invoke any old Tom, Dick or Harry crucifixion victim.
He bit down on his angle of the argument and wouldn't let go, like a pit bull dog, until I finally conceded to him sarcastically, just to get rid of him.
He exulted and preened in the next post, doing the whole 'in your face!' dance... I've never seen a worse case than that guy.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index