Better than Capitalism

87 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: whoah!
Sep 09, 2003, 23:17
Nope. It seems whenever I challenge someones politic here they take it personally. Rather than carrying on a reasonable, and yeah possibly heated (nothing wrong with that), argument, they start attacking me personally (especially what they see as what is 'wrong' with me).

I understand that a persons politics are a huge part of someones makeup, so attacking or questioning them can be seen as a very personal attack. But it isn't. I'm not interested in high and mighty ideologies, I want to know the nuts and bolts that will make it happen. My point was, 'Who passes these lawas and who enforces them ?' In answering the question you'll highlight the confrontation that the change will require, and all the inherent ugliness the confrontation will lead to.

confrontation happens, its part of the process, I'm not averse to them, hell I enjoy them. I am averse to people who dont explain how they will cope with or accept those confrontations. People who imagine that huge and radical changes to the order of things can happen peacefully and gradually.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index