U-Know! Forum »
Better than Capitalism

87 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: Using force
Sep 10, 2003, 21:55
I have to be with and support my wife and stepson, he is educated here and we want him to finish school here. I am trying to earn enough to buy a house for us back in the UK in 5 years so we can continue a humanitarian/environmental project. This is hard for me, not being a 'natural' capitalist (although we are told that it is the 'natural' instinct), but I need to live back in the countryside as i simply fall (mentally) sick in the city, it makes me want to curl up and die being surrounded by so much noise, dirt, lies, consumerism, waste and desperation. I love to walk across the landscape, and feel the ground, and smell the air, it's food for me. I don't believe my disdain at being 'owned' amounts to jealousy. I'm going to have to earn a shitload to even live in a bedroomed apt instead of a rented apt where we don't even have our own bedroom. It's far far worse for the people who i see lay in the street every night. It's tough, but we all make it tough, by accepting that that's the way it is. It's tougher for some than others. My wife works as a mental health technician in a crisis centre, funded by a private charity. So many people in there cannot respond adequately to the cut and thrust of a competitive environment, so they get thrown on the scrap heap. I hate that shit.

Fucking bleeding heart liberal, moaning hippy that I am!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index