U-Know! Forum »
Better than Capitalism

87 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: Better than Capitalism
Sep 09, 2003, 22:31
"I don't think we'd be better off all going to back to using horses and living off the land in a groovy gaia friendly way."

What a load of kak, I'd be more impressed if we were moving round in hover-spheres. You missed the point. Harmony is not some groovy hippyshit, it's a fundamental necessity, it's THE big fuck-off thing, neglect of which leads us (as it has) into war,oppression, environmental catastrophe, sickness (both individual and familial/societal). How do we get there? By allowing ourselves to be exploited. The best exploitation is via schooling. The 'developed world's biggest school is capitalism. You either try to bomb the school or you change the school motto. I refuse to believe that we have to be led by the nose. Are you one of those people who thinks fair trade is a waste of time? Or that nothing is worth fighting for unless it topples the whole system overnight? And you call me a dreamer.... ;-)

Harmony is a word that has been usurped by advertising ;-) It sounds like hairspray or a crappy hippy thing, but it's actualy the very blood of diversity and life itself.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index