U-Know! Forum »
Better than Capitalism

87 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: HOW?
Sep 09, 2003, 22:01
When I said 'one rule', I meant, as I stated: the rule of respect. This can only come from education, and can only be enforced by clear arguments and actual law. I don't support global government, I support global concerns, and that means having NGO's that MONITOR trade, pollution and human rights. It's already there, in small systems, in infancy, it just hasn't been globally recognised as imperative. Nothing will happen tomorrow, but we have to keep awakening to the issues, and spreading the word, a trickle is not enough. Compassion in farming needs to be legalised, not be a consumer option, as does fair trade. Equal legal representation is another goal worth fighting for. Everything is a matter of time, but I worry that fascistic capitalism can set us back centuries, unless we make the first moves now. If we accept violence to ourselves and the planet, how can we be excused from the effects?

As for no borders, that's a pipe dream yes, but it could become a common one, in time. I'm not sorry for appearing naive, I actually hold it as a strength, it's the only thing that keeps me discussing effectiveley and constantly challenging :-)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index