Better than Capitalism

87 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

HOW?
Sep 09, 2003, 21:37
The problem with all these utopian ideas is how to implement them.

How are you going to dissolve all national borders . . . . without launching the mother-of-all-wars? How many millions (billions?) would have to die?

I don't think you'd find one nation on earth where the majority would be willing to give up their national sovereignty, especially to turn it over to some sort of "one world government."

I mean you think the US fed govt is big and scary . . . imagine a govt 10 times that size . . . saying "the state will whither away" is just wishful thinking. It will take an army of bureaucrats to implement any of these policies for regulating economics & the environment.

Frankly I don't trust govts -- the last thing I want to see is a "global" govt. I'd rather devolve things down to the local level -- which means a lot of localities aren't going to see it "your" way and there won't be any global coordination on these issues.

I guess the bottom line is "the state" is here to stay in some form or another. So smaller would be better . . . which means nobody would get to decide any kind of "global" policy.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index