Life and Death

37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Public Service Broadcasting
Aug 03, 2003, 23:35
Tombo, try as I have I can't see anything insulting to me? Bah! I think you're becoming like everyone round here, tiptoing through the tulips. Unless yr like a few feisty fellas here who just go BANG at the mouth ;-) Which you aren't.

Anyhowza, what is it that we were saying? I do think the BBC is better for docu's and the odd drama than TV in the US, and some other British channels. I'm more interested in the extent to which REALLy crap and endlessly regurgitated bad TV AND censorship (I view much censorship as prescriptive and dishonest) has upon the public consciousness at large. I can't believe the public is this mass of 'wants', a huge gaping collective maw that lets it's wants be known in some way?

I remember being young, and my old man used to say (during Tiswas or somesuch) that 'this insults my intelligence'. We (the family) used to snicker at his anality (I made that word up, like it?) and get on with it.

But now I find myself being the old man, except I loved Tiswas, but I cannot understand endless violence and racial stereotyping, neither can I stand censorship. I do not believe that the average mind is more offended by a nipple than by gang rape/murder/terrorism/exploding brains or Big Brother?

Or am I alone in a clued-in world?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index