Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Start the Week - Radio 4
Dec 31, 2014, 16:13
nigelswift wrote:
Yes.
So if a dowser says .... "Who knows if they are everywhere ?, like anything previously undiscovered all we can do is discover them ,which we do" .... it sort of sounds like the act of discovery confirms their existence. A bit like mushrooms.

Bur what about invisible mushrooms? If I announce I've discovered some, and where, does that mean that all other dowsers consider them "discovered"? (The fundamental question being: If neither a scientist nor Dowser B are able to find a leyline reported by Dowser A do they have differing views on whether it has been discovered?)

Yes , the act of discovery , like all discoveries confirms their existence .
BTW The most recent Witton -Bolton ley line has been named after it's discoverers , the " Heskon Line " . Personal research in the field , indicates that the line actually extends to Ochilview , Stenhousemuir only time will tell if this is confirmed by further research and events .

But you are Dowser B i.e. not a skilled experienced dowser ,like Dowser A.
Dowsers are for ever confirming the findings of fellow dowers .
It is noteworthy they don't confirm the findings of non -dowsers or imposters .

In the case of the scientist ,what more do you expect ? They are not dowsers and are likely to be sceptical , hardly ideal for finding anything by dowsing .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index