tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Start the Week - Radio 4
Dec 29, 2014, 13:31
moss wrote:
tiompan wrote:
moss wrote:
I do note that people who mock, have been out dowsing Roy ;) on an experimental fling of course!

Moss , I think you'll find that experimentation ,experience and knowledge of the subject among the mockers is the norm , not something that is always the case with the proponents .
I have no idea of the results , could you find out ?
I'm sure the experimenters performed as well as the "genuine " dowsers ,and neither achieved results any better than expected by chance .

Hi Tiompan,

My remark was only general, and did not involve specifics, as far as I am concerned, dowsing may achieve a result, though of course it can only be shown to be right by excavation. Though I did have a friend who dowsed round Sandy Lane (Chippenham) for Roman buildings, and was successful, but this could have been down to experience over many years of a particular site.
I remain open on the subject, basically because I cannot dowse myself but would just love one day to be able to hold a crystal over a map and have it tell me something..;)

Sorry,
I thought that you had heard of some experimnet on the grapevine .
Simple dowsing for lost stuff would be a great help but map dowsing, that would be like having a bike and the internet .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index