Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
What's acceptable when interacting with sites?

141 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: What's acceptable when interacting with sites?
Jun 03, 2011, 10:36
summerlands wrote:
danielspaniel wrote:

I have to say, if I were the sort of person to be easily offended, I could be pretty offended by that.

I suppose we all have to take offence where we can find it. And balance as best we can. I remember well when the Thatcher Regime forced "balance" on our news reporting. It was like free speech with the "free" and the ACTUAL "speech" taken out of it. It meant that certain DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED politicians had to have actors with Oirish accents doing bad lip-synching to their interviews on news coverage.

I loath Spacebook, Myface, Boobah, Twinknonk, Pishpah, Flangesparrow, Clipacable, Dropadeadotter and Myfaceclick for all the 10 reasons listed in danielsparrow's link.

And then about two hundred more.

I suppose it really depends whether you are using it to sell stuff of for your personal life. My pal sent me a wee bit of code which when I hit almost any Facebook member's page and then drop the code into the address bar, the code opens up that member's private photos, messages and all sorts of stuff to me. And I'm not even a member. It is appalling.

Quite funny though.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index