Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
What's acceptable when interacting with sites?

141 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: What's acceptable when interacting with sites?
May 24, 2011, 10:17
I do agree - they're quite aggressive with their strategies, but still, once you get used to manually filtering the "noise", it's not all that bad! Despite myself, I'm actually beginning to enjoy it! :D

The most hateful thing in my opinion, as I mentioned above, is when someone pretends to be someone else in order to - I'm guessing - get information about you to use in whatever twisted way they see fit. I'm not making it up or being paranoid - these people have a reputation for it! Weird.

Other than that, I suggest you ONLY add "Friends" who really are your friends, or trusted friends of friends. Don't just collect them to appear popular (I heard the other day that there is a limit of 5000 "Friends" allowed! 5000!!! It's simply impossible to have that many friends!)

I also don't trust the way they keep changing their T&Cs to try to own your photos. I have none on there at present.

But at the end of the day, it's supposed to be a fun thing! Don't get jaded by the corporate aspect, as I have, and it's merely a fun way to interact with people.

G x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index