BNP are using our megalithic heritage as their own

129 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Mike
Jul 30, 2005, 18:32
Paulus:
You said, about what I said to Mike ("Your gesture, delivered with love, hurts. it's not personal, you don't have that intent, but it does")

..."That's getting very close to "playing the victim" game. You're not are you? Sincere question."

I'm not altogether sure I know what you mean by the victim game. I didn't mean I'm personally a victim or very much hurt, I meant his gesture, delivered with love hurts SOME PEOPLE. That's true isn't it? It would certainly have hurt my late parents, with good reason. They'd have been horrified to be confronted by Mikes huge "gesture of love" and my sons, their grandchildren would be furious on their behalf.

That's hardly a matter for dispute, Mike knows that. All I'm trying to put to Mike is that his justification for that is a fourth dimensional one that neither I nor my parents nor hardly anyone else buys, so he's not playing fair. If he wants to be a good member of THIS society he should keep to a small swastika, in private, then I'll have no issues at all with him.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index