The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
BNP are using our megalithic heritage as their own

Pages: 13 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Northern Hoard
6 posts

BNP are using our megalithic heritage as their own
Jul 25, 2005, 18:40
The BNP are currently in the process of redifining what they see as an 'English' cultural identity, on their website they talk of megalithic peoples and theres even a bit of celtic knot work decoration on bits of their site.
There is even a section on their site where you can buy folk music CDs, who are they trying to kid!

However the BNP as we all know dont like anybody who isnt white or English, that counts out all the Irish, scottish, and Welsh folk who of course are not Viking ancestrally speaking.
The BNP also talk of the Celts on their site yet they are not prepared to let Ireland by ruled by the Irish, likewise with Scotland and Wales.

In the words of the old Northern Hoard fuck the BNP, and If you dont like living on this Island why dont you go back to Scandinavia with your loveable viking myths and drink from the cup of Odin.
mickc
38 posts

Re: BNP are using our megalithic heritage as their
Jul 25, 2005, 18:43
Seconded. Why can't the rest of these scum die?.
gloriamundi
gloriamundi
12 posts

Re: BNP are using our megalithic heritage as their
Jul 25, 2005, 19:19
Hardly suprising that the BNP have jumped onto the megalithic bandwagon, they are just following a precident set by the nazis in the 1920's and 30's.
Of course it doesn't help when people wander around ancient sites carrying bloody great swastikas and endorsing the works of a man who endorses the protocols of the elders of zion, this is the sort of legitimacy that the BNP craves.
I know I shouldn't feed a troll but these things have to be spoken about. Parties like the BNP thrive on our indifference.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Re: BNP are using our megalithic heritag
Jul 26, 2005, 12:29
"He could not stomach to watch what he was personally responsable for."

Blimey. We could do with a bit more of that.
Forrester
77 posts

Re: BNP are using our megalithic heritage as th...
Jul 26, 2005, 13:01
Someone called Mike Gibbons, whose interest, like my own, is the connection between megaliths and "Ley lines" "songlines" etc. states that there is a stone on Ilkley Moor called "The Swastika Stone" and that local "shamans" go up there to re charge their psychic batteries, as it were. This sounds intriguing! Does anyone know any more about this stone? I guess the Swastika would have been around in the Siberian forests where wooden structures which resemble Stonehenge have recently been discovered, and in Joseph Campbell's "Primitive Mythology" there are representations of Swastikas that are millenia old, and undoubtedly the symbol is a world wide magical/astronomical motif. What it has got to do with Nazism and Fascism and Racism I don't know, but in the form it took under the Nazi regime it has become abhorrent to civilized and cultured people. I agree that we should respond vigourously to any attempt by the BNP to legitimate their pseudo history, but I don't think we ought to asume that anyone interested in Swastikas is a Nazi, or we'd better put a stop to these Tibetan Buddhist ceremonies at Stonehenge for a start! (However, chalking Swastikas on stones isn't very cool).
danielspaniel
danielspaniel
90 posts

Jul 26, 2005, 13:30
Is it this one?

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/95
Forrester
77 posts

Jul 26, 2005, 13:42
I guess it must be....
baza
baza
1308 posts

Jul 26, 2005, 14:41
Oh no! Not the swastika again!

Firstly, the Swastika Stone isn't a swastika, is it? Its a design which bares a resemblance to a swastika, if you wish to put such an interpretation on it. I don't.

Secondly, from http://www.indiaprofile.com/religion-culture/swastika.htm

"Throughout India, the image of the swastika is as ubiquitous as the image of the serpent. It appears on Siva temples, the doors of homes, as a decoration on mobile food-stalls, in folk art and on rugs, and exists as a significant design or yantra at ceremonial occasions.
To the Western world, however, the swastika is probably the most disturbing image that has ever been associated with a political regime. The Nazi Party of Germany used its powerful pattern to full advantage during the Second World War."

Most of us are well aware of the swastika within different cultures. However, we live within the British culture. Please, let's leave it at that!

Baz
treehugger-uk
treehugger-uk
273 posts

Jul 26, 2005, 15:48
I'm seriously not wanting to get drawn into the swastika debate but i found this rock within an ancient village/settlement in Cumbria very intriguing http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/post/36542

peace

Tree
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Another naive question
Jul 26, 2005, 15:54
I really am just curious here, please don't flame me to death.

Is there any reason why they shouldn't? (Appart from the celtic stuff, and them being a repellent bunch of cunts.) Surely all that people and the land where they live/belong stuff is exactly the kind of thing they'd latch onto? Have you ever hear Al Fayed going on about hte Egyptians & The Scots? Is there any proof that magalithic man was particualrly open to foreigners, or that there was mass migration at the time?
Pages: 13 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index