BNP are using our megalithic heritage as their own

129 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Re: Another naive question
Jul 27, 2005, 12:34
Recent genetic studies indicate that 80% of the genes of today's white Britons have been inherited from the indigenous hunter/gather population. This evidence is being used to redress the popular concept of mass folk migrations of Celts and Germanic peoples into these islands.

As for The BNP - I am with Tolkien on the matter of deeply regretting Nazis hi-jacking our northern traditions and pre-history. In his time, it made any expressed interest in runes and Nordic cultures suspect - just think of the loathing we still feel for the SS runes as well as the swastika. The Nazis even built fake megaliths to "prove" that the Gauls massacred Saxons and so justified their invasion of modern France. So much nonsense abounds and all we can do is strive for the truth and nail the lies and nonsense wherever we find it.

I am not getting into any arguments about the swastika because far too much time has been wasted in futile acrimony on these pages. I do not believe that any symbol has any "magical" power other than that which we assign it. When massive evil and genocide is carried out under a particular SYMBOL, that symbol will continue to SYMBOLIZE that evil until sufficient time and generations have passed on. No amount of mystic mumbo jumbo or wishfull thinking wil cleanse the swastika until the time is ripe. Forget it and move on - adopt another symbol and make that a symbol for whatever new age dream world you want to believe in.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index