Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
BNP are using our megalithic heritage as their own

129 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Forrester
77 posts

Re: BNP are using our megalithic heritage as th...
Jul 26, 2005, 13:01
Someone called Mike Gibbons, whose interest, like my own, is the connection between megaliths and "Ley lines" "songlines" etc. states that there is a stone on Ilkley Moor called "The Swastika Stone" and that local "shamans" go up there to re charge their psychic batteries, as it were. This sounds intriguing! Does anyone know any more about this stone? I guess the Swastika would have been around in the Siberian forests where wooden structures which resemble Stonehenge have recently been discovered, and in Joseph Campbell's "Primitive Mythology" there are representations of Swastikas that are millenia old, and undoubtedly the symbol is a world wide magical/astronomical motif. What it has got to do with Nazism and Fascism and Racism I don't know, but in the form it took under the Nazi regime it has become abhorrent to civilized and cultured people. I agree that we should respond vigourously to any attempt by the BNP to legitimate their pseudo history, but I don't think we ought to asume that anyone interested in Swastikas is a Nazi, or we'd better put a stop to these Tibetan Buddhist ceremonies at Stonehenge for a start! (However, chalking Swastikas on stones isn't very cool).
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index