Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
which ten albums or ten songs , really grabbed you by the bollocks, when u was young

58 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9574 posts

Edited Feb 26, 2008, 11:55
Re: which ten albums or ten songs , really grabbed you by the bollocks, when u was young
Feb 26, 2008, 11:55
I may have mentioned this before, but I met him once, in the early 90's.

Saw him walk into the pub. Told him I was a fan. He didn't answer, not even to say hello. He just walked off!

'You bastard', I thought. 'I bought Fire Brigade when I was seven - that was a lot of pocket money on one purchase!'. I mean, I didn't expect him to sit and discuss the production values of Brontosaurus or go into detail about why the 2nd Wizzard album was a rocknroll pastiche, but a simple hello would have been nice. Anyway, it put me off for him a short time, but ignorant gitt or not, I still think he was a great talent.
And I choose the past tense carefully this time, as I went to see him a few years ago and he was a bit naff. And the new stuff was rubbish!!

The Move though were great. You may be pleased to know that Fire Brigade and Blackberry Way are amongst my 9yr old's fave records - along with Children of the Revolution, Julian's World War Pigs and...

Morrissey first Of The Gang! ; )

PS Yeah, Mandy is a great song. HDY does have it's moments - I Want To Rule The World is surely one of the daftest tracks ever!! - it's just that I don't think it's in the same class as a whole as Sheet Music.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index