Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
which ten albums or ten songs , really grabbed you by the bollocks, when u was young

58 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: which ten albums or ten songs , really grabbed you by the bollocks, when u was young
Feb 23, 2008, 16:19
Beatles-Red & Blue albums-still maintain that really these albums are all you need , the rest are just decoration and variations on themes found on these two

Free-Live listened to this yesterday , absolutely superb

Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath-equalled maybe, never bettered-my early music collection consisted of 3 Beatles compilations, all the Sabbath albums up to Technical Ecstasy and Tubular Bells, and a couple of singles by Curved Air & Atomic Rooster.
I also had the Mary Poppins OST which I played quite a lot pretending to be ironic but really I liked it a lot

Tangerine Dream-Zeit assumed this would be like Rubycon/Phaedra but as it was cheap I bought it. After initial surprise i.e when does it start, I grew to love it and still do

Who ¡VLive @ Leeds-turbo nutter guitars-classic

Ramones-Ramones never a regular Peel listener as a youth I heard this probably when it first came out as he was still playing prog at the time, ruined punk for me because I never thought the Pistols, Jam etc came anywhere near this

Amon Duul 2 ¡VYeti , Status Quo-Live I remember buying these together in a record shop in St Marys Street in Southampton, the lad with me got the first Dead Boys lp and some other punky racket-I often wonder if he is still listening to them, I know I still listen to these

Hawkwind-Hall Of The Mountain Grill-first Hawkwind LP I got, magic

I suspect I¡¦m well over my 10 limit here so I¡¦ll avoid Thin Lizzy & Supertramp, The Doors, NMTB, oh the list is endless ƒº
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index