Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
which ten albums or ten songs , really grabbed you by the bollocks, when u was young

58 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
red peony
red peony
645 posts

No bollocks on me, but
Feb 23, 2008, 23:43
I was grabbed by...

Bowie's Ziggy. A pivotal album that left my hitherto beloved Elton John in the dust.

The Sweet - Desolation Boulevard.
My 2-years older neighbor, who was faaar advanced from me for just a mere 24 months, played this for me in her room where we used to spin records. I loved it immediately.

Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual. I think this came out in '65. My mother has video of me dancing at age 3 to the "Welsh Gyrator'. The entire album made me dance with glee.

The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine. Great pseudo-psychepop.

The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee'/Pretty Ballerina. Both of these had a meloncholy sound about them. Perhaps it's all those minor chords.

The Supremes - Mom had a 'best of' compilation. It was played often, along with Marvin Gaye/ Tammy Terrell duets. I still know every word to every Supremes song.

Herb Alpert - Whipped Cream and Other Delights. I don't really remember all the tracks on this album, just a few really, but the album cover impressed me alot. I remember thinking that I wanted to look like that when I got older. Google it. It's a good one.

The Beatles - Love Me Do. The little boy next door, we were both about 6, had bobblehead Beatles dolls in his house and we'd play Beatles 45's while we danced around with the Bobbleheads and his mom. She was ultra hip, looked like Mrs. Emma Peel, and was the first single mom I'd ever encountered.

That's all I can remember. Except my aunt bought me a Donny Osmond album, "Puppy Love", for my 10th birthday, and I remember being a tad incredulous because I was already into David Bowie. Bless her. x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index