Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03

93 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Serotonin
175 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
May 22, 2003, 13:29
The usual variety of things:

Lou Reed - Live In Concert (aka Live In Italy; budget Camden reissue. £3.99 for 75 minutes of live Lou Reed - result!) The Some Kind Love/Sister Ray jam rocks.

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats. Just can't get enough of Son Of Mr. Green Genes. It's been de-stressing me during the exams; you just can't be stressed to something as fun as this!

Brian Eno - Discreet Music. Also been de-stressing me. As far as I can gather, this is his earliest ambient work, and very pleasant it is too. The Pachelbel-sampling stuff is harder to listen to, I felt, and lets it down as an album, and on CD feels tacked on the ambient work. Would've been ok on vinyl as a distinct experience on each side, I suppose.

Kraftwerk I - this album rules. You truly haven't heard true, hardcore Krautrock until you've heard Stratovarius blasting at full volume.

Nurse With Wound - happened to have a flick through an old book on "Unexplained Mysteries" at the weekend, and the story of the Marie Celeste got me listening to this again. Perfectly executed ghost-ship music.

MOJO's "Instant Garage" freebie. Great moronic stuff. Thank fuck; finally, a magazine CD with no Strokes or White Stripes or similar flotsam. Can it be true?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index