93 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
May 19, 2003, 15:18
Very, yes.

I've only seem them live once, though I'm not sure if I did (hmmm.. one of THOSE evenings). It was a do called 'shinkansen' at 'The End' in London. I blagged my way in by nodding at the doormen while holding a record bag (damn, wish I could still get away with that). anyway, I'm kinda sure it was them there, but not entirely sure if it was. Hmmm.. need confirmation. Were they there ? How can I find out.

I can confirm that Mixmaster Morris was there spinnig that crap Drum n Bass he seemed to like at the time, and he was his usual obnoxious self, bless 'im. There was also a really cool cinema group there playing mad films and a performance artist or five. This was my media/club/art whore days, so things are sketchy. I DO remember the concept was supposed to be the Art crowd meet the Club crowd (summing we'd been doing for months reasonably okayish at the ICA). Anyhow Mr C was pissed off cos the turnout was poor, which he said was because they hadnt promoted it among the club crowd at all. Which is probably why MM was ruder than usual too. So, twas just the art crowd looking posy at the bar and avoiding listening to anything except themselves.

I was riding high on some serious contraband, upsetting people and having a good time though.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index