Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03

93 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Re: My love life...
May 19, 2003, 00:23
Oh yes, Murray, and thanks for asking. Indeed, I have my lovely Margaret to thank for enlightening me in the joys of the early Joni Mitchell catalogue, not to mention reminding me of how good CSNY and Buffalo Springfield were (and I forgot to add the latter's 'Retrospective' comp to my Soundtracks list this week). And she shares my passion for Bob Dylan, John Martyn, Cat Stevens, Nick Drake, Al Stewart, Loudon Wainwright and most of the other late 60's/early 70's singer songwriters I dig.

At risk of offending the discerning ladies who contribute to this sublime site, I have until now never known a woman who gets as much sheer enjoyment from music as I do. All the women I have known have veered toward the 'non-music' areas of Phil Collins, Celine Dion and Andrew Lloyd Webber (aarrggghhh). Maybe I was just unlucky in that respect. What a revelation to have found someone who is not only intelligent, caring, beautiful and kind but who also likes nothing more than to curl up in front of the stereo and chill to great music. A true soul mate indeed. My cup runneth over.

Only one snag, she doesn't like Jethro Tull. Come to think of it, I've never known any woman who likes Jethro Tull. What is it about Tull that ladies don't like?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index