93 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
May 19, 2003, 11:59
This week it's been...

Pavement - Wowee Zowee
Still my fav' Pavement album, hell it's almost 'country' in parts, but i can forgive their slacker asses for that.

Pavement - Brighten The Corners
Another goody with the saddest Pavement song ever at the end 'Infinate Spark'.

Ocsid - In Between
Dark Ambient with 'found sounds' from Wire's Graham Lewis and a few collaborators. This reminds me of Coils Black Light District, which is OK by me.

Speaking of which..

Coil - Black Light District
Nice loop driven drones from those merchants of magickal mayhem.

Echoboy - Volume 2
Haven't played this in ages, not as good or varied as his eponymous debut, but still has a few good tracks in 'Schram And Shreddle 262' the Eno-esque 'Circulation' and the slinky hipped 'Sudwestfunk No:7'. Grrooovy.

Spacemen 3 - The Perfect Prescription
Still my fav'Spacemen album, and i've just seen on the Space Age recordings website that they've released a 2 disc version with demo's/out-takes etc. called 'Forged Prescriptions'..don't that piss you off, I've already bought the damn record twice i like it that much (once on cassette, then on CD) now there's a third installment tempting me.

Spacemen 3 - Playing With Fire
Another goody, more droney (which is always good in my book) but not quite as good as the above (well except for Repeater).

Jessamine/EAR - Living Sound
Synth drones and warbles, nice feedback and the odd drum fill...maaan, i wish i'd seen that gig!

The Monks- Black Monk Time
Garage groovyness and electric banjo's anyone??

Faust - Patchwork
A kinda updated, career spanning Faust Tapes. I like this a lot, especially 'Nervous' which rocks like a bastard.

Boris - Flood
Tracks 3 and 4 of this monster build into skyscraper shattering sonic attacks, then gracefully fade away.

Boris - Heavy Rocks
Those mad Jap metallers come over all Fu Manchu in this full on 'stoner' epic. Standout track for me is 'The Bell Tower of A Sign' which is 8.28 minutes of heavy stoner grungisms, It ROCKS in all the right places, and reminds me of Fu-Chu's 'Gendal Snowman'.

I'm sure there was much more, but i can't recall for now.

Have a good week y'all.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index