Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03

93 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
May 19, 2003, 15:35
Sounds like you've had some similar stuff to me lately Joolio. I've had a real Moody Blues/John Martyn week of it. This is the Moody Blues is a cracking comp - all the best stuff on 2 CDs. I've often said that it makes an ace intro to them as it doesn't have too much of the maudlin radio two of old style filler like a lot of the original albums. Having said that I've been listening to loads of Question of Balance, In Search of the Lost Chord and Seventh Sojourn this week.

Since reading Konamans post about Mr Martyn getting all one-legged on us (I was tempted to say legless), I've been hitting his CDs with regularity. In particular Bless the Weather, Sundays Child, One World and Solid Air. Lovely for sitting in the garden with...

I've also been going through a Crimso phase, having just got hold of the re-mastered Earthbound, which is, I have to say, one noisy punk metal jazz explosion. Raw and evil in its intensity. Also the Epitaph live stuff, feeble in comparison to Earthbound but quite groovy nonetheless. Also heard In the Court of..., Lizard, and some Fripp/Eno bits, Evening Star, Another Green World etc etc. When I get a Crimso phase on only Bob & Co will do (including a few listens to Heroes and Scary Monsters - where I love Bob's bits on Fashion etc - mad!)

I'll try to do a proper Soundtracks list soon - too busy of late.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index