93 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
May 19, 2003, 14:20
A quietish week really. BUT..

1 Noah House of Dread and some Bim sherman courtesy of Howden. Many, many thanks for this Howden, we (Joanna and I) prefer the Sherman tracks though.

2. Wire - read and Burn 01 and 02. Got 02 courtesy of soulseek, saved some money. I mean, gawd these new Wire CDs are ludicrously over priced.

3. Autechre - Amber & Incunabula. The soulseek/IDM connection reminded me how much I truly despise the IDM crowd. So I span the only two decent CDs by their #1 heroes. They are very good. Very, very good. Shame everything else Autechre have done since has been shite, but ah well.

4. Gastr del Sol - The Harp Factory/On Lake street.
Jim O rourke and friends on a mellow yet intense one. Never liked it before, but now I do. Must be getting old or summing. Vocals are still crap though, shame.

5. Zoviet France - Vienna 1990. Hmm, yes, more from the accepted elitist list of the IDMer. heheheh.

6. Technova - Transcience. HA! anybody else remember this David Harrow Project at all ? It has some good 'wuuraagh' moments like Firehorse one, Yeah sister and Relentless. Dont buy it, get those three tracks though.

7. Ruby - Salt Peter. Bring back silverfish, bring back silverfish. 'HIPS TITS LIPS POWER!' What the hell is this, and how did it get into my CD collection. Need to watch myself a little more closely when I'm in record shops.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index