Unsung Forum »
Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03

93 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
May 18, 2003, 13:36
And the rain still pours outside the catpod. Oh well; the tunes...Got loads of cheapies from Vinyl Exchange this week.

Beta Band - Hot Shots II. Whilst not having the weird loveliness of the 3 EP's they are still a joy to listen to and have around. I like.

Teenage Fanclub - Howdy. Effortless jangling and harmonising beauty from masters of the form.

The Throbs - The Language Of Thieves & Vagabonds. One & only album from 80's sleazy glam punx. Bit of psychedelic influence in there too. Best listened to swigging Jack and pouring self into unfeasibly tight keks.

Trouble - Green Plastic Head. Bit stonerish, bit Sabby, but Judas Priesty amalgum of metal styles. Derivative but fun.

Gomez - In Our Gun. Overlooked 3rd album (proper). Got some great tunes on it and they add a few electronic squarks to the proceedings.

Outrageous Cherry - Out There In The Dark. Psychedelia & acid garage pop from Detroit obscuros. 3 min pop gems and 11 min wig outs Great for doing psychicshimmy to. So retro sounding they make The Warlocks sound like Aphex Twin.

Outrageous Cherry - The Book Of Spectral Projections. See above, though at 78 mins this is a bit overlong. Authentically muddy late 60's production Jack White would cream his red & White pants for.

Ash Ra Temple - 7 Up. Strangely blues inflected Krautisms with guest mumbles from T. Leary

Ashra- Sunrain: The Virgin Years. Pleasant though inconsequential white wine & reading the Sunday supplements music whilst a hang gliding documentary on BB2 plays in the background.

3 Colours Red - Revolt. Not as good as the 1st album but enjoyable melodic punk n roll all the same.

The Mission -Aura. Yes, you read that right. For those remotely interested this is possibly the best Mission album since Children. Takes you back it does. (Thows petals in air and does pointy shoe dance)

Amused By Genitals - Smellington: Out of our minds on Poo & Wee.

Van Der Graaf Generator - Bought on strength of Cope review as it was an Album of the Month that I knew was available lcally for £4.99. Not disappointed. Really good stuff!

Damon Albarn, Afel Bocolm, Toumani Diabate & Friends - Mali Music. I know the Blurster got accused of a kind of culteral dilletantism with this project, but the music is ace; affecting, joyous and just plain lovely in equal turns.

World Series III - Brazilian Tech house. Still vibrating the cat pod with lush beats & latin tinged grooves.

Yes - Close To The Edge. Think this & Fragile are my fave albums by progular giants of proggy prog. It's very prog you know.

Thats me. Have a nice week. Oh look! The Sun's come out! Huzzah!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index