Labour to win? Surely not...

132 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Heseltine cuts across the delusion?
Jun 14, 2017, 05:42
Howburn Digger wrote:
I am glad some people have noticed a common theme.

If by common theme you mean the exit negotiations will be a continuation of perfidious Europe, no, I see a negotiation in which the Europe side has infinitely less to lose and is therefore bound to control.

Howburn Digger wrote:
As long as we were in the EU we had no strong hand in any of our nation's policies or the ability to make any decisions about what was best for Britain's Interests.

It's a seductive line, the short version of which - "let's take back control" was put on the side of a bus. The actuality is that EU membership HAD to include the ceding of part of our sovereignty but was seen by successive governments as well worth it. I just don't see how a simple majority, 52-48, could have been deemed adequate, or adequately informed, to have brought it to an end.

"Austerity was an EU order." It clearly wasn't as it is now ending and we're still in Europe.

I concede that our regions furthest from the heart of Europe have suffered decline but who would trust the Tories to match European subsidies to those areas indefinitely? Already that nice Mr Gove is in post and slavering to do his worst.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index