132 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Labour to win? Surely not...
Jun 09, 2017, 07:41
The worst scenario - a hung parliament!

Firstly though, let me congratulate the Labour party and all their supporters here for putting up such a good fight without actually winning. Without a doubt theirs was far better campaign than the conservatives who's leader was far too over confident. If she remains as our PM maybe she will have learnt to not be so casual about things in future. She took on all before her when continually being blocked into triggering Article 50 but let her own self-belief get the better of her by not campaigning forcefully enough.

I voted in this election with one aim in mind as you know - Brexit, because I believe the conservatives who already had their finger on the trigger, were well prepared to negotiate our way out of Europe - and I still do.

They are still there of course and as they no doubt will call upon the DUP, will have a party that also wanted out so that is a plus for them.

Whatever, they are still here and I hope they learn from their mistakes and looking at the long term - which we all have to - give us what the opposition were offering which they weren't, or we know what will happen next time!

That's my take on it anyway so will leave it at that and now stay silent, other than again say well done to the Labour supporters who got so close.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index