Fields Recordings From The Sea

167 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
TomBo
TomBo
1629 posts

Re: no sound ever comes from the gates of eden
Apr 21, 2004, 18:16
"if a change of attitude isn't life threatening it isn't an evolutionary change, merely a societal one and liable to change back at any time"

Just because its possible that it will change back at any time doesn't make the change any less real. Its just as well that it <i>can</i> change back or we really would be doomed. And the changes caused by evolution are surely not set in stone, either? I can imagine a situation where we "evolved" back to something that came earlier, if the conditions in the environment demanded it.

The changes that we NEED to make, as a species, are actually necessary because of evolution. The correcting of the Common Error is demanded by nature's necessity. This will become increasingly obvious as climate change really starts to bite, to only mention the oil the crisis in passing. Survival of the fittest demands that the illusions created by civil-ization are dispelled.

I repeat, we have not been successful in controlling our environment. We've actually made our environment less safe for us to live in.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index