Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Nov 14, 2015, 22:06
Re: I'm so confused.....
Nov 14, 2015, 22:00
billding68 wrote:
So what youre is a billion people cant be wrong? um...yes they can. where are the billions (minus the handful of "radicals" now?) Why are there not a billion or so people not taking to the streets in protest? in the western world we track down our criminals in a very timely fashion and bring them to justice..why does the Boko Haram exist? why does the Taliban Exist? why does Isis exist? Why don't they take care of their shit? because they agree with it, that's why.

That's not a very smart argument. Unless you are a Daniel Goldhagen kind of a guy. Which I now suspect you might be.

And where does your argument leave Anders Breivik or Eric Rudolph or Timothy McVeigh? They were all representing and acting on views held by a much larger constituency than a single person. Weren't all of those guys on a religious crusade of one kind or another? Where were all the anti-gay and anti-abortion and anti-immigration goons after those atrocities? Where was their demonstration of atonement? Don't tell me. Those three guys were all "crazy" so it doesn't count as terrorism.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index