Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 Novembre 2013 Common Era

53 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 Novembre 2013 Common Era
Nov 04, 2013, 10:58
Balletto Dibronzo - Ys. Subtle understated Italian prog… utterly mental emotionally hysterical. Excellent. Highly recommended.

Chrome Hoof - Pre-emptive False Rapture.

Loop - Wolf Flow, World In Your Eyes.

The Oscillation - From Tomorrow.

Rory Gallagher - Calling Card, Deuce, Irish Tour 74, Top Priority. I really do not like Blues Rock, despite the amount of it that I seem to mention on these threads. For me The Groundhogs were the only band that made something consistently interesting out of this music. So Rory Gallagher is a bit of a problem for me because these are firmly blues rock and confirm all my prejudices about clichés etc and they are also excellent. Ferocious in places. There is a point where the execution is so great that the music transcends its own limitations.
These are all new to me as I would not knowingly seek out this kind of music. There is a vet at work who is a fellow music obsessive. We pass cd’s to each other to our mutual incomprehension, I can live without Accept and he appears unmoved by Motorpsycho or Smoke Fairies. But he hit the spot with these. Excellent. Any recommendations warmly received.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index