Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Charlie2300
Charlie2300
412 posts

Re: Soundracks of Our Lives week ending 3 Novembre 2013 Common Era
Nov 03, 2013, 22:53
riverman wrote:
This week's heavy rotation record:

Grails - Black Tar Prophecies Vols. 4-6. More sublime tracks from one of my favourite bands. Probably not quite the masterpiece of Deep Politics (to be expected given it's a collection of EPs and new tracks), with one or two filler tracks but Self-Hypnosis is magnificent and subtler tracks have grown on me.

Some new downloads:

Aidan Baker - Aneira: Beatiful drone piece, all sounds improbably from an acoustic guitar.
V.A. - Cryoshpere. A Glacial Movements compilation - an entire record label dedicated to releasing soundscapes inspired by ice! The Aidan Baker akbum is also released on this label - Aneira is Welsh for snow apparently.
Nadja & Vampillia - The Perfect World. An expanded reissue of a release from last year that I missed.

Other stuff:

Teeth of the Sea - Master. Superb
Hills - Master Sleeps. V good.
Urthona - The Elements Rage. Blissful
Carlton Melton - Always Even. Rocking
Machinefabriek - Vloed
Lou Reed - Berlin

Classical:

Rautavaara: Symphony No.7: Angel of Light. Enjoying this piece composed in 1994.
Rautavaara: Canctus Arcticus. Orchestral music and taped arctic birds.

Berlioz: Grande Messe des Morts (Requiem) performed by LSO at St. Paul's Cathedral. Magic - would love to see this live but will settle for the pieces on the current Berlioz LSO season - off to see Faust at the Barbican tonight (got a 3 concert deal so £8.50 each night!!).

The Grails collection has been a slow burner in the den, but well worth it. The decidedly druggie tracks are just that; I had to have a lie down after hearing them lol. I know which way this is going - the initial Black Tar Prophecies collection has been ordered.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index