81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Sensational Gigs?
Aug 26, 2013, 21:50
keith a wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Suicide supporting the Banshees, forgot that one, had the curtain falling down halfway through the Banshees set, they were far better than I expected

also forgot the marching band at Faust, there was Ironing at the Manchester show IIRC, and support from Ectogram

I saw Iggy in 2011 as well, Mrs Elf wanted to see Iggy so I went along not really expecting much, soon as the first note of Raw Power went out I went all goosebumps and thought Iggy - Raw Power FUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKK YEAAAHHHH!! amazing show

Neil Young doing Day In A Life when Paul McCartney came on stage was another OOF! moment,shivers in the spine stuff

I saw the Banshees three times and they were really good each time. The first time ('81) we got there really early and heard them - minus Siouxsie's vocs - soundcheck with Israel. Even through the metal shutters at the back of the venue it was as clear as a bell and spine tingling.

Saw them in '85 when Siouxsie was on crutches. She did the the whole set sat on a stool but it was still great!

I missed them in 83 on the Kiss In A dreamhouse tour,had tickets but couldn't go because of work. My brother -in law saw them and raved about it for weeks. For some reason I didn't expect much in 88, I think the covers LP made me think they had run out of ideas, but they were really good, IIRC a belting version of Cities In Dust as an encore was a particular highlight
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index