Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mcshafty
mcshafty
86 posts

Edited Aug 21, 2013, 12:06
Re: Sensational Gigs?
Aug 21, 2013, 11:45
Great thread, but where do you start?

Jimmy Sommerville - Red Wedge 80s - What a dancer!

Smiths - Carlisle 80s? - Meat is Murder

Pogues - Playhouse 80s - Getting thrown out and meeting Spider Stacey's girlfriend in the pub next door. She took us backstage after the gig. Shane McGowan passed out and me and Shaun pinched his grapes (that sounds a bit rude now!)

Buddy Guy and Junior Wells - Queens Hall 80s

Mike Heron Band with Frank Usher on guitar - Queens Hall 80s

John Martyn - Somewhere in Edinbugh 80s - Nice guy - he showed me an open tuning on guitar after the show.

Julian Cope - Jehovakill tour - Glasgow Barrowlands (Maybe it was the Peggy Suicide tour - I bought the anal CD)

Every time that the Sativa Drummers busted a club in Edinburgh in the early 90s

Ween - Chocolate & Cheese tour - King Tuts? Wherever it was it was the fucking bomb!

Basement Jaxx - Big Day Out - Seeing the crowd bounce in a wave from the front to the back as they went into Where's Your Head At

Scanner - Somewhere in Melbourne late 90s. He played the whole gig out of a little suitcase. His gear was in the suitcase, not him.

Brian Wilson Pet Sounds - Melbourne (old fart territory now! But still Magic)

Bob Log III - Melbourne - Bob body surfing the crowd in a rubber dingy and getting dropped. "Jesus Melbourne, I thought I could trust you!"

Dead Salesmen playing at my wedding.

BEST EVER? - Unknown Free Jazz Trio 3am - Pony Bar Melbourne late 90s or early 00s - glasses smashing, people screaming their own sax lines, great looking girls dancing on tables, fell down two flights of stairs and was so gone I didn't even bruise. Entry fee $5 Experience $Priceless.

And of course - every MC Shafty gig (I mostly played at Joe's Garage - HA HA)

WORST EVER? Easy - Velvet Underground, Playhouse

Some pretty hazy recollections here - I've been a strong cup of tea guy for a long time but I don't regret the past!!!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index