Unsung Forum »
Sensational Gigs?

81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Sensational Gigs?
Aug 20, 2013, 10:11
never rated Blood & Roses or Sex Gang Children but I would have loved to see UK Decay live, if only to see how they did the intro to wolf

Outstanding gigs for me include Cluster at Sunderland Swimming Pool, my youngests first gig , he went for a swim, I went for Cluster, had a wild time, head in water, big bass, head out , no bass.Lying on a big red float listening to Cluster with your son is an experience not to be missed

Atilla Csihar in the Tower of the Tyne Bridge stands out, mainly because of the venue

Otherwise
Violent Femmes - Harlesden Mean Fiddler 86 played the first 3 albums, a medley of Monkee's tunes and more, 3 hours, absolutely fantastic

Springsteen Wembley 85 another 3 hours, made Wembley Stadium seem like your local club, amazinglg good

Sabbath , first ever gig was Sabbath with Ozzy & Van Halen which was astounding but then I had nothing to judge it against, saw the H&H tour with Dio 3 times, Poole,London and Sothampton and the last show in Southampton they were on fire, lasting memory of Dio spotlit in red in a cloud of dry ice singing 'Black shape with eyes of fire'

Pearl Jam - Riverside & Nine Inch Nails Riverside 2 bands on the verge of greatness playing in a small club

Judas Priest - Evening Star tour 79 another band who knew they had cracked it, they were on top form here

Lords of the New Church, Wall of Voodoo LOTNC were ok but Wall of Voodoo were amazing

Khanate at the Cluny, SunnO))) were astounding but IMHO Khanate left them standing

Godspeed You Black Emperor 2002 - Newcastle Uni mesmerising, sometimes the loud /quiet thing doesn't work live but GYBE had it nailed, there is a live set from Norway on Archive Org recorded a couple of days after this , well worth a listen

Spiritualized - never seen them less than stellar but the Acoustic Mainlines show at the sage was a thing of beauty and wonder

Faust Newcastle 2005 never heard anything by them, went because it was a weds night and I had nothing better to do, was absolutely blown away and purchased a big box of Faust the very next week, also handily they released this on DVD so I can watch it again & Again

Swans - Brighton Zap Club LOUD, REALLY LOUD quite how much volume was produced by such unassuming looking guys is still a mystery, spent a good while sitting on the beach because that's where the volume was comfotable

Virgin Prunes - an allnighter in London , 2nd on the bill to Pyschic TV who I found a big letdown after the Prunes , the rest of the bill was full of 80s hipster rock of the worst kind but the Prunes were amazing

plenty of others that have good memories but these are the ones that come to mind straight away
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index