81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jan 16, 2011, 16:35
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 16th January 2011 CE
Jan 16, 2011, 15:41
Hail!

The Smoke Fairies - Through Low Light & Trees. Following the kind recommendations from various HH alumni I got this and totally love it! English pastoral folk meets blues to spellbinding effect! Lovely.

The Devil's Blood - The Time of No Time Everafter. Still loving this pagan occult Christine McVie sings over Lizzyish/Wishboneish 70's rock metal hybrid. Good stuff!

Dio - Live at Donington (1983 set). \m/ Nuff said.

Turisas - The Varangian Way. Battle Metal bombastularity in full on, widescreen, mead swigging, axe swinging glory! To Holmgard and beyond! \m/

Lunar Dunes - sneaky preview of 2nd album and it's MEGA!

Josh Abrahams - The Satyricon. One of my fave dance/electronica albums ever.

Shri - Seven Steps. Bass maestro mixes virtousity with drum n bass, funk n trip hop back beats.

The Orb With David (David now apparently) Gilmour - Metallic Sphere. Likes this a lot. Does what you might expect very pleasingly IMO.

Underworld - Barking. The Undies (oh dear) do it again!

Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabra. Black Metal with Orchestra full on bombastacular indulgence. Loves it!

Kula Shaker - K and Peasants, Pigs & Astronuats. Tip Top Psyche Pop Rock. Like the Shaker I do!

Stonephace - S/T Various Bristolian Jazz-hop alumni gather on a really top album.

Skindred - Babylon. Ace ragga-metal overlords. Live reputation richly deservered. I'd love to see 'em at Glastonbury; reckon they'd go down a storm.

Think that's mostly it.

Have a nice week melody munchers x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index