Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 1 November 2009 CE

54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 1 November 2009 CE
Nov 01, 2009, 14:51
Birchville Cat Motel-Beautiful Speck Triumph-5stardrone
Springsteen-The River-hardly listen to this as the live versions make this sound rather weedy, certainly in the against corner in the 80s production debate
Who-By Numbers,Next
Pete Townshend-Who Came First,Roundhouse 74-
Flaming Groovies-Supersnazz
Van Halen-S/t
Johnny Cash-At San Quentin
Hendrix-Woodstock
Neu-75
MC5-KOTJ,USA,High Times-today I am mostly thinking the 5 are way better than the Stooges, will probably change my mind when I listen to the Stooges next
Fish-Suits
Misfits-Earth AD-for helloween
Julian Cope-Jehovahkill
Bong-S/t
Diodaar-Rust Coloured Air Brush Stroke
Om-God is Good not sure about God but this is good
Pere Ubu-Data Panik In The Year Zero only listened to disc1 & 4 so far, but top quality so far
Shrinebuilder-S/t initial listens were a bit of a let down, was expecting something amazing, but repeated listening has it growing on me, could do with a decent singer and a few more memorable riffs, but the bits where it gets going are superb, mostly where it gets either post rock like or psychsabbathy, and track 2 sounds like the Nephelim which is always a good thing in my book
Jodis-Secret House Plotkin,Turner,Wyskida doing the postdoom thing, this is superb, loads of space to move about, imagine a user friendly Khanate who instead of wanting to bury you face down in a cess pit want you to float on a big bong cloud as the elements blow you hither & thither
if you've seen the film UP,imagine the bit where the balloon house fades into the clouds on an endless loop , now convert that to sound, that's what Jodis sound like.It seems that this is now 2 years old so I have no idea if they will follow it up but keeping fingers crossed

went to see UP at the pictures, whilst the basic plot was probably written on the back of a receipt the bit about the old man growing up was well emotional, certainly had me welling up. the broken dog translator was a stroke of genius too so all in all a success.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index