Soundtracks of Our Lives 10/05/2009

74 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives 10/05/2009
May 11, 2009, 19:47
J COPE - The Unruly Imagination - The Drude doth protesteth ( and with the odd exception floats my boat ).

GRAILS - Black Tar Prophecies - Custom made for my ears. More post rock than their later releases though.

HEADS / WHITE HILLS - Collision V.1 - Love this ! The Heads track reminds me of the evil Kraftwerk - Live At Bremen bootleg at times, that's a very good thing too.

BARDO POND - Peri - Somnambulant sludge psych. Great stuff if you're in the mood.

KATE BUSH - The Sensual World - Only had The Hounds Of Love on disc so picked this up cheap to explore Kate's world more. Finding it more admirable than enjoyable so far.

RADIOHEAD - The Bends - You might not like it but the singles on here work for me, Just in particular, especially Jonny Greenwood's guitar burnout on the outro.

GOLDFRAPP - Supernature - Ooh la la, perfect pop pour moi, er, lug 'oles.

SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES - A Kiss In The Dreamhouse - Although i like this i've kinda heard it all before ( the same applied back in the day too )

QUICKSPACE - Precious Falling - Rediscovery of the week. Sloppy but great !

SAHB - Hot City - Shel Talmy produced proto version of The Impossible Dream, essential for fans but with Alex and the brass section right up in the mix and the band in the background it sounds more like his soul band than SAHB.

HAWKWIND - Quark (2CD ) - Gotta say this is a blindin' re-release, the extended mixes on CD2 are a revelation. Top job by the bods at Atomhenge i must say, er, it's just a shame that beyond this i'm in the realms of diminishing returns with anything Brock / Turner related.

And some assorted CRISPY AMBULANCE and a lot of Radio 6 whilst decorating. Oh, even checked out some MASTODON on Myspace but as i suspected ( from the name alone initially ) they ain't for me.

Have a great week everyone,

Mark x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index