Unsung Forum »
PIL Metal Box

69 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Generic Supersessions
Sep 27, 2008, 12:04
I'm not suggesting everyone should lie on bed all day, but not everyone is suited to working hard, Ian.

There's lots of hard working musicians out there, and good luck to them, but lets not get work ethics and talent mixed up. It's probably fair to say that Eric Clapton is a harder working musician than Lee Mavers, but I know who I prefer.

I'm not a great musician by any stretch of the imagination (I prefer writing songs to improving my playing), but I do know that you have to want to do it. I went through a spell of about 5 yrs where I barely picked the guitar up. I never thought that this would happen to me, but I really didn't have any interest in playing and on the odd occasion I did pick it up it didn't feel right. I couldn't have faked it. I know that there was a pretty good chance that if I had written anything during that time it would have been pretty shit.

Eventually, it came back and I love playing/writing again. Surely people should work at their own pace and however it suits them?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index