Unsung Forum »
PIL Metal Box

69 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Re: Generic Supersessions
Sep 26, 2008, 09:14
I agree, To be involved in two of the most groundbreaking albums in rock history within 2 years does indeed hold a bit of luck (the moon was aligned with whatever planet etc), but I also intend to agree with other comments.

Would the album have been the same without Lydon's alien wail?. Yes he is not musically inclined but his voice comes from the very soul of primal rock n roll holler. Also, like mentioned earlier it takes some kind of fucked up miscreant to attract the same like minded souls, who would have probably not been given the chance without Lydon's friendship & then current clout within the music industry.

I think there's a bit of truth in everyone's personal judgement on this topic, but I think we can all agree it is an historical album.....

It's interesting to know how far backwards the music industry has gone in terms of backing groundbreaking artists. To think that this album was released on virgin in 79 and that Branson no matter what people think of him released some seminal albums of the 70's, just goes to show how the major label music industry today is just a pallid limp wristed piece of shit of it's former self along with those fucking mags like MOJO, NME etc...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index