74 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: Records that you have more affection for than is usually tolerated
Nov 30, 2006, 11:16
Hunky Dory.
it just takes me there man, it's absolutely i think one of the most perfectly put together sequences of songs i've ever heard. Dunno why but it just is. I'm forever going back to it and I know I always will, right up to the day I die. Stranger still is the fact that although I own virtually everything he ever recorded I don't consider myself a fan, i just happened to acrue over the years loads of his albums.
The Confessions of Dr Dream. Kevin Ayres.
If i'm listening to Bowie on my last day on Earth then This beauty is coming with me to feed the worms. i'm having it in my coffin because it is absolutely fantastic, i swear even now after listening to it a good half a million times that I can smell Patchouli and dusty rugs. it's quintessentialy English. It suggests to me that i'd rather have a cup of tea with marijuanna in it whilst on a rug in a beautiful garden in Canterbury, than getting stoned in Haight Ashbury.
Physical Graffitti
Dunno why but it's still hanging around at the front of the Vinyl collection long after it really should be. In The Light is still a fuckin' great song, and you get a real sense of the bandness....
"i can't get the plane out Jimmy"
"Nah' leave it in."
brilliant.
funny really cos' i left school before the sixth form!!!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index