The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Geoclashing

116 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shep
10 posts

Re: oh really?
Jan 24, 2003, 13:02
"Replace the word 'geocaching' with 'The Modern Antiquarian', and you might understand why I banned Dan & Pid and deleted their posts."

Don't get us wrong - I don't think many of us GCers were at all surprised (or offended) by you doing so. Dan & Pid, althoough usually full of good intention, have an unfortunate knack for crimes against nettiquette (in case you haven't already guessed, they're the youngsters in the GC community). In your shoes, I would've done the same thing.

I think the groundswell of bad feeling between the sites came as a result of the sudden flurry of reactionary messages flying between sites. I appreciate you might not be aware of this, but some of your members took it upon themselves to e-mail threats of physical violence directly to certain cache placers. Some of these geocachers (remembering that we have a broad spectrum of members from kids to old folk) were oblivious to the goings-on at the forums, and receiving a e-mail completely out of the blue from some nutter threatening to track you down and "shove that GPS thingy right up your arse" is not good. Not good at all.

That's what upset people. Not the banning of Dan & Pid.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index