Change?

132 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Change?
Jan 31, 2017, 22:04
spencer wrote:
Fine by me. Yup, lets leave it there. We d o have a common love. NOT being critical, just observational, you don't seem to have much presence, having clicked on 'contributors', on proper site...remember you can be useful from a chair. Have a headscratch. Links? Places to stay? Facilities nearby? All equally good info, to me. (Yup, doghouses soon, Honest. No shit. Pity the nicest's got to be secret for now : ( )

You're right, it is a common love.

No, it's ok I can understand you thinking that. But it's been an obsession of mine for nearly 20 years, it's taught me a lot (from what was a shitty secondary school 'education', if you can call it that), it's been an inspiration for music, provided an escape from the mundane, made me think 'til I can't think any longer, and also been a great comfort many times throughout my life.

I don't post photos, fieldnotes etc no, but I probably should do. I've been to hundreds of sites in the UK and Ireland. Not trying to 'show off' in any way(!) I promise you, I've just been lucky enough to experience a lot of these places. Ridiculous journeys, thousands of miles travelled, excited to get to what to most people are a few stones in a field.
Avebury remains my favourite. I know I should probably have some little tucked away site as my favourite (that'd be a lot cooler!) but Avebury blows me away every time, every visit.
I also have a particular love for Fernworthy and Assycombe on Dartmoor, and the Merrivale complex and.... ;)

Enough about me. Genuinely looking forward to hearing about stuff you've found!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index