The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Change?

132 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Change?
Jan 25, 2017, 11:13
Thank you June for the namecheck. But I must say, it's only because the folklore is a bit different that it's noticeable like that. There are (and have been) so many people beavering away at their own favourite thing, whatever it may be (photos, subjective and objective fieldnotes, tracking down certain types of places and things, different geographical specialties, the list goes on). And I think that's why this place continues to be successful and tick along - how many other "community websites" or whatever you want to call such a thing, last so long? I think it's so broad, and you can add a little or a lot and still feel like you're doing some Good for fellow enthusiasts (and perhaps even for the stones themselves). And like you say, it's a good record for your own adventures yourself.

I (like many) have been here for a million years and yep (I'm sure like many) get periodically a bit pissed off with the forum. But 95% of the time it's not exactly argumentative and 99% of the time people aren't being actively unpleasant. Which must be better than most of the internet?

When I get too fed up with it I try to focus on the main part of the website, not the forum, and try to think cheesy things about being the change you want to see..
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index