132 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Edited Jan 28, 2017, 19:48
Re: Change?
Jan 28, 2017, 19:27
It's probably best to ignore the more manic vitriolic posts , but what the hell .
Yes , there are signs of the loaded gun .

Little doubt for me , that your post was aimed at me .
This is an open forum for discussion ,if you had a problem earlier why didn't you mention it then , or is there a fear of open discussion . That has proved to be the case often enough in the past where those who don't like their views being questioned get personal then flounce off .

One clue to the loading was the mention of googling . Everybody can google , why is it that those who flounce off can't ? Or is it more a case of not everything is googleable . Much of what I post here is not googleable , recent instances are , the Holm of Papa Westray azis and declinations I mentioned to tjj , the list of victims with trauma was collected over years and not available as a single entity on google ,although it will be now , nobody had ever said that the bone under slabs in Orkney was used as a stabiliser and the explanation why that didn't make sense would not be googleable . How could completely new sites be googleable , but they are now . Many opinions expressed here are not googleable .The content in relation to the astronomy of the dolmens , where is that googleable ? But it will be now . If you dispute anything let's hear it . It's like you have saved up years of bile then exploded . If you tell me the capital of Mongolia and it is correct ,do you think that I would think you googled it ?
You seem to have a problem with evidence , I don't , I prefer it to fantasy , sometimes there is no evidence , discuss , but there are those who have a problem with discussion ,they don't like evidence either .

The mention of those who want to or would love to come back is also reminiscent of one other source , who is stopping them . Maybe they get put off by vitriolic posts , what about other forums where I don't post ,what is the excuse there ?

Reading , don't you read ? Is there something wrong with reading ? I don't mind if others don't read , fine , but they are likely to lose out on some stuff.

A few posts ago you said I could apologise if I liked , but failed to explain what I should apologise about . The most I had done was disagree with you , probably less ,and I certainly didn't get " personal " .I'm surprised that you have .

You can get away with vitriol , that's the beauty of the forum ,but don't think you can tell others to go simply because you don't like what they say or that they differ from your beliefs . I'll defend your right to stay and say what you like , but I'll almost certainly disagree with it .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index