Re: Trethevy Quoit in danger
Mar 03, 2013, 00:05
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
OK, I get the message!

But going back to the stability issue, if you're concerned that the EH engineer needs to reconsider maybe your best bet is to get a friendly structural engineer to contact him?

Mulfra's also cut [lots] on the underside of the capstone and would slot onto the uprights perfectly because of it, But i'm sure you've seen that Roy. and of course Zennor as well.

Yep zennor has some beauties but nobody ever considered them as being important.

I'd say the mulfra one is probably the most worked, it's had a huge amount of stone broken off the underside so it fits neatly on it's uprights.

Yes I've got some good pix of that Paul. I wonder where the missing side flanker ended up... any thoughts cos it's pretty barren up there isn't it?

Remember the old drawing of Zennor with one end on one single stone, It may have been like that, the one stone been blasted has such an effect on the whole thing or maybe it just smashed under the weight of the capstone, there is big lumps of a broken stone on site, but that stone wouldn't have being as big as the others if you put the bits together, but if i had to put my money on it, it would have been pretty much the same as Chun, but saying that the single stone idea stands up because on site i can prove the capstone would have being tilted not flat like it at first looks like it would have been and if the single stone was smaller the remains of it are still there on site [but broken up].
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index